Monday 21 December 2009

Method baby - Squeaky Green bubbly bath


First of all, I absolutely love the packaging. I still haven't quite decided what animal it's supposed to be - I thought it was a penguin at first but it's got whiskers so I'd guess at an otter ! (correct ! it says so on the website !!) - but whatever it is, it's really cute. Now, if you've read my other reviews, you'll know I'm a big kid when it comes to the kids' bathtime so I just know that once it's empty, this bottle will be recycled as a bath toy. I can imagine the scene already - Juliette squealing as I squirt her, yelling "Careful, here comes Mr Otter and he's about to wee on your head to get the shampoo out" !

OK, time to get serious again ! Besides being incredibly cute packaging that can be used as a bath toy, I also love the little scratch and sniff panel on the bottom of the bottle that allows you to smell it before you buy without tampering with the seal. It smells soft and snuggly and babylike which sounds silly but I'm sure you know what I mean if you've got a baby, as most of the baby products smell pretty much the same ! It's a calming scent and isn't overpowering. If it was a fabric softener, I'd certainly use it for my laundry because I really like the smell.

The list of ingredients has some scarily scientific-sounding names on it, like dehydroacetic acid, disodium cocoyl glutamate and phenoxyethanol, but as Method's whole ethos is about being environmentally friendly, I wouldn't think they're as bad as they sound. The website says : "Moisturisers derived from sugar, natural extracts from rice milk and mallow, and gentle cleaners made from coconut oil come together to make a hypo-allergenic, tear-free and biodegradable bubble bath. Does not contain any dirty ingredients like numbing agents, phthalates or parabens". Ahh I thought as much - I love their chemical-free household cleaning products so I don't see why they'd suddenly ditch their values for their baby range !

I've been using it for all the family and nobody - even Sophie who has very sensitive skin - has had any adverse reactions to it. Just lots of bubbly fun in the bath !

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £5

1 comment:

  1. I love the method brand! I thought they only did cleaning products!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...