Saturday 9 April 2011

new Fireman Sam DVD : 'Ready for Action'


When we were offered a copy of the new Fireman Sam DVD to review, I jumped at the chance. It's one of those kids programmes that even I enjoy watching, because the stories are interesting, entertaining and some of the episodes even seem to contain a few in-jokes for parents too !

I also like Fireman Sam because it has good morals and messages for kids with everyone helping each other and learning lessons about not putting yourself in danger. It's also not too hectic and noisy, despite all the adventures the Pontypandy crew get up to, so it's great for quiet time winding down on the settee on a Sunday afternoon when I feel like some peace and quiet with the kids !

The new DVD, Fireman Sam: Ready for Action, contains five episodes : ‘Elvis Sings The Blues', 'Heap Of Trouble', 'Flood's Flood', 'Fireman James', and 'Dily's Big Surprise'. 6-year-old Juliette watched the whole lot back to back and I was surprised to see that even 20-month-old Pierre was transfixed and sat through a whole episode smiling and laughing until I put him down for a nap. 9-year-old Sophie watched them all too although she will adamantly deny this if asked ! The whole DVD lasts for 50 minutes which is the ideal length for a kids DVD.

If you remember Fireman Sam from years ago, he's had a bit of a makeover and now has computer generated animation. I'm sometimes disappointed with the newer versions, preferring the originals, but in this case I think it's an improvement. It's bright and colourful and really appealed to all three of the Madhouse kids (not to mention me!).

star rating : 5/5

RRP : £12.99 (but only £9.99 at Hit Stire UK, see below)


Other reviews you may be interested in :


3 comments:

  1. my daughter really likes this just now, i think i have seen every episode so would be great to get the dvd for her! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i preffer the new look fireman sam .. its probably the only 'reinvented' cartoon that i can say that about lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree ! Although I used to like the old one until I saw the new one, but now it looks outdated !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...