Thursday 8 December 2011

Mrs Crimble's Pancake Mix review


I love cooking from scratch, when I have the time, and when I don't have three under-11's hanging off my trouser legs and/or trying to help out in the kitchen. For the rest of the time, especially when cooking with the kids, all cooking shortcuts are more than welcome ! So when the kids decided they wanted me to try out the Sweet Treats Smiley Pancake Maker that we received to review (more about that in a moment), I was over the moon when I opened the cupboard and discovered a pack of Mrs Crimbles Pancake Mix hiding at the back !

Now, I'm ashamed to say, I actually received this to try out for Pancake Day earlier in the year (err yes, that would be back in March !) and - although I blogged about it, giving you some top tips on panic-free pancake making (here) -I never actually got around to using it. Oops !


You need to add eggs and milk to the mix, so you'd be forgiven for thinking that you're basically just buying a box of flour ! Well, if you check the ingredients list, it contains maize flour, rice flour, cornflour, potato starch, raising agents: sodium bicarbonate, disodium diphosphate and stabiliser: xanthan gum. The good news for Coeliacs is that it's gluten free and wheat free. The good news for busy mums is that it only takes seconds to whisk up into a thick, smooth batter and it doesn't make lumps.



The packaging says that it contains enough for 10 medium sized pancakes. We got about 24 mini pancakes out of ours. The texture was light and the flavour is not sweet, so it would be as good for savoury pancakes as sweet ones. Stay tuned for the review of the Smiley Pancake Maker, coming right up !

star rating : 4/5

RRP : £2.19


Other blogposts you may be interested in :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...