Tuesday 21 February 2012

Sunshine Award Meme



I haven't done a meme for a while but the lovely Ali from Dragons & Fairydust has just tagged me and given me a Sunshine Award (thank you !!) so here goes ! In case I tag you and this is the first meme you've done, the rules are simple :

  1. Thank the person who gave you the award
  2. Write a post about it 
  3. Answer the questions below
  4. Pass it on to other bloggers who you think really deserve it and send them a message to let them know
 Right, on to the questions ...

Favourite Colour

Yellow because it's such a bright, happy colour guaranteed to lift your spirits. Not a colour I wear much but we do have pale yellow walls in our bedroom and I love bright yellow folders, diaries, etc at work to brighten up my desk.



Favourite Animal

Whales because they're such gentle giants. We went whale-watching off the coast of Boston on our honeymoon and it was the most amazing experience ever. I'd really love to go on another whale-watching cruise one day.


Favourite Number

Five - because there are five of us in The Madhouse so it seems like the perfect number.



Favourite Non-alcoholic Drink

Strawberry juice - a taste of summer in a glass. Freshly squeezed is divine (but very messy to make - good fun though if we buy loads and loads of knock-out half mouldy strawberries at the end of the farmers' market in the summer) but even bottled is guaranteed to put a smile on my face.

Facebook or Twitter

100% Twitter. Nobody from my real life follows me on twitter so I can say what I like how I like. Facebook is full of family members and pupils from school who could be watching what I say at any point so I never say anything much on there at all.

My Passion

Blogging - I often get asked how I can find the time to write my blog when I have three kids and a full-time job. Well, it's my evening's entertainment, in front of the telly. I love the great feedback from people and all the fabulous experiences we have reviewing all the different things and taking part in blogger challenges. When I'm not blogging, I love reading (I always read for at least 1/2 hour every night before I go to sleep), baking with the kids and watching Most Haunted ! I used to do a lot of scrapbooking, cross stitch and patchwork but the blog has taken over from those. Not enough hours in the day sadly !

Getting or Giving Presents

Giving, definitely. Especially to kids. Watching their little faces light up is better than the best present you could hope for. I can never think of things I want for myself anyway, whenever anyone asks for gift ideas !

Favourite Pattern

If I'm doodling, I draw loads of little squares then fill them all in with alternating diagonal lines so that they makes endless interconnected diamonds.

Favourite Day of the Week

Saturday, without a second's hesitation. I can lie around in bed in the morning with the kids for a while, watching cartoons and catching up with cuddles. There's no 6.15am alarm call and no stress or rushing around. And there's not the inevitable last minute marking and lesson planning that there is on Sunday evenings because you know you've got another day off the next day too. Bliss !



Favourite Flower

Sunflowers - they're so bold, big and beautiful and just one flower is enough to brighten up a room. A whole field of them is even more impressive.

Now, which Little Miss Sunshines can I find to pass this on to ?


Other blogposts you may be interested in :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...