Just a quick heads-up about a new scheme launched today by Amazon, designed to save money for parents of young children. This isn't a sponsored post, I'm just sharing the press release as it looked like it could be a good idea for any of you who use Amazon a lot !
FREE ONE-DAY DELIVERY AND GREAT SAVINGS WITH ‘AMAZON FAMILY’- THE NEW MEMBERSHIP PROGRAMME FOR FAMILIES WITH YOUNG CHILDREN
Helping families save time and money with hundreds of great offers on products for babies, children and parents as well as three months’ free One-Day Delivery
Luxembourg, 27 September 2012 - Amazon.co.uk has today launched ‘Amazon Family’, a new membership programme to help parents and families save time and money on their shopping.
Customers can sign up to today at www.amazon.co.uk/family and gain access to discounts on a wide range of family products as well as the following:
· Three months’ free subscription to Amazon Prime, giving unlimited One-Day Delivery on millions of eligible items
· £10 off their next purchase over £50 in the Baby Store, www.amazon.co.uk/baby
· Access to a host of exclusive launch deals including 40% off Plum baby food, 20% off their first subscription of Huggies nappies, a free Tommee Tippee nappy bin, 20% off children’s shoes, and many more
· Ongoing exclusive discounts and offers tailored to customers’ interests, delivered straight to their inbox, with savings of up to £50 each month
· Also available for a limited time to celebrate the launch of Amazon Family are selected Kindle books from the Paddington Bear series, for £2.99
“Amazon Family aims to make life a little easier for parents by saving them both time and money,” said Samantha Nash, mother of two young children and Family Manager at Amazon.co.uk Ltd. “Whether it’s baby wipes, nappies, a new pram, or the latest must-have toy for Christmas, Amazon.co.uk has millions of great value products ready to be delivered directly to your door. What’s more, with tailored deals for Amazon Family members, finding the right product at the right price has never been easier.”
Customers also have access to millions of trusted product reviews, a host of buying guides for items such as pushchairs, car seats, baby monitors, feeding equipment; and community discussion boards which encourage parents to connect with one another to share information about products and parenting techniques.
Family expert Dr Rosemary Leonard welcomes the launch of Amazon Family saying: “As a parent, keeping everything ticking over is a full time job, and given the demands on us all it’s hard to find time to fit everything in. Thankfully, with technological advances that cut down our daily to-do lists - from online shopping and delivery to instant book downloads – parents can get their shopping done quickly and easily and spend more time enjoying family life.”
“Customers want great value, vast selection and a high level of convenience from Amazon which is why we continue to introduce new programmes, like Amazon Family, to further enhance their shopping experience” said Xavier Garambois, Vice President of EU Retail at Amazon.
To sign up to Amazon Family visit www.amazon.co.uk/family.
Other blogposts you may be interested in :