Friday 5 October 2012

Chicken Tonight Rich & Creamy Mushroom Sauce review


I told you a couple of weeks ago about the fabulous hamper that I received full of Ragu and Chicken Tonight products to try out. Well, I've had a really busy week this week so I certainly did feel like Chicken Tonight when I looked in the cupboard for inspiration for a quick and speedy dinner that everyone would enjoy.

The first sauce that I tried was the Simply Irresistible Rich & Creamy Mushroom Sauce because I thought, as it was similar to a dish I usually knock up from scratch, it was most likely to appeal to the younger Madhouse Mini-testers. All I needed to do was fry up was some chicken fillets - I actually used turkey, but shhh, I won't tell them if you don't ! - add some extra mushrooms and pour in the contents of the jar. A few minutes and a couple of stirs and I had a rather tasty dinner to serve up with rice.


If I have a bit more time next time, I'd love to try this with leeks, sweetcorn and ham added and used as a pie-filling. 

Each serving (quarter of a jar) contains a very reasonable 99 calories, 7.1g of fat (of which 2.8g saturates), 7.5g of carbs (of which 2.5g of sugar) and 1.3g of fibre.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £1.99


Disclosure : I received a hamper of Chicken Tonight and Ragu products in order to write honest reviews.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

2 comments:

  1. Ug I don't usually buy ready made sauces but I found this sauce awful. Not only d8d I not taste the mushroom but the sauce tasted like mucus. Never again. Nz has a lot better sauces than this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...