Wednesday 24 October 2012

Harry the Hapless Ghost Halloween Crafts Kit

Little Creative Days


A few weeks ago, I saw a tweet go by from Little Creative Days - a fabulous one-stop-shop for crafty kits for kids - who mentioned that they were looking for bloggers to review one of their halloween-themed kits. They sent us through a Harry the Hapless Ghost Crafty Story Kit & Theatre to try out.

Now, I'm ashamed to say, this is actually going to be more of a preview than a review at the moment because, despite my best intentions, I haven't managed to sit the Madhouse Mini-testers down long enough to make the kit yet. I'm really looking forward to finding the time during half term to make the whole thing together as a family because it looks ideal for a group project, but I wanted to tell you about it in advance so that if you want to buy one yourselves before Halloween, you'll still have time !

Harry The Hapless Ghost


I love the fact that there are various options available for the kit depending on your budget (Harry The Hapless Ghost is the only Create & Show Story Kit available at the moment but they will be adding to the range over time) - you can buy just the puppet kit, the theatre, or the complete puppet and theatre kit, as well as the e-book to help you make your theatre and puppets come to life. The idea of the kids putting on a puppet show for the parents/grandparents took me back to my youth and is a lovely way of bringing the family together and doing something collectively that doesn't involve TV screens or games consoles. Little Creative Days also suggest that they would be ideal for kids parties.

Harry The Hapless Ghost

The kit is very complete, providing everything you need to create the puppets and the theatre, namely : 


Harry the Hapless Ghost Story
Cardboard theatre measuring 48.8cm (w) x 61.2cm (h) x 20cm (d)
5 Wooden spoons
11 pieces of felt
Self Adhesive Felt Pieces
Needles
Thread
Scissors
Ribbon
Wool
Pen
Stuffing
Patterns and full easy to follow instructions
Background scenes
Colouring pencils


I'll be back next week to show you how it went, but in the meantime, if you want to get your hands on one, check out what's on offer at http://www.littlecreativedays.co.uk

Disclosure : We received a  Harry the Hapless Ghost Story kit in order to write an honest review (which I will be doing next week).

Other reviews you may be interested in :

MU ha ha ha ha… Recipes for Halloween

2 comments:

  1. Fab product, looks amazing! :) My daughter'd love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of this. I'm looking for a puppet theatre we can make since taking Piper and Daisy for a walk through town the other week when there was a Punch and Judy stall. The girls absolutely loved it and I've been promising Piper ever since that we would make some puppets of our own.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...