Saturday 27 October 2012

Little Bag of MamaBliss review


I haven't been pregnant or a new-mum for a while now but I still have very fond memories of MamaBabyBliss and their fabulous products that provide a little bit of TLC for tired, hormonal and sleep-deprived women, just when you need it most. Some time ago, I received a Little Bag of MamaBliss to review and, not being in the target audience, had decided to pass it on to my pregnant cousin. I have to admit, it actually got forgotten about and, coming across it today, I decided to pamper myself and use it myself. Well, I'm pleased to report it still provides a few moments of bliss, even if you're not a mum-to-be or new mum !


The cute little organza bag - lovely and pink and feminine which is a welcome change when you're feeling fat and fit to burst ! - contains three of MamaBabyBliss's star products, all of which are totally lovely.

First is the "Ooh ..." - a 100ml bottle of relaxing bath soak packed with relaxing lavender oil to soothe frazzled, sleep-deprived minds and extracts of calendula, aloe vera and geranium to promote post-natal healing. In the days before I had kids, I used to love long soaks in the bath but for the last decade, I've been a total shower-girl so I decided to use this in the shower. I wasn't keen on the texture when I poured it out of the bottle - too many memories of sucking out the contents of baby's noses when they have a cold, I think ! - but once I rubbed it over my body, it lathered up into a luxuriously fragranced, silky mousse. The heady scent is totally relaxing and, while strong, is not overpowering.

The second product is "Aah ..." - a 50ml soothing, all-natural mummy and baby balm. It contains sunflower oil, beeswax, shea butter, mango butter and vitamin E so it is soothing, nourishing and protective. I used it to rub into the dry skin on my knees and elbows but as a new mum, I would have loved to have used it on sore nipples or to help prevent or treat stretch marks. It can also be used on baby's chapped skin, eczema and cradle cap. It feels very greasy when you first apply it but my dry skin soon drank it up, feeling supple, soothed and nourished aftwarwards. The balm is dermatologically and paediatrician approved.

And the final product in the blissful trinity is the Bliss Stick ... Uplifting Oil. This little wonder stick is great to keep in your handbag, pocket or desk drawer to be applied to the pulse points on your wrists in moments of stress. You know those moments when you can feel your blood-pressure rising and think "breeeeathe" !?! Well, breathe deeply while sniffing this on your wrists and you really do feel your stress-level dropping. The aloe vera, calendula, bergamot, lime and geranium oils have a lovely fresh, uplifting and invigorating fragrance. I wrote a complete review of the MamaBabyBliss Bliss Stick quite some time ago (click through to read that) and I still loved it just as much.

MamaBabyBliss also pop a Little Guide to MamaBliss, containing relaxation tips for new mums, into the bag. If you're looking for a baby shower or new mum gift, it's absolutely perfect. But I haven't been pregnant for over three years and I still thought it was wonderful and would love to find it under the Christmas tree with my name on !

star rating : 5/5

RRP : £19.95


Disclosure : I received a Little Bag of MamaBliss in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :



2 comments:

  1. Always love these sort of gift sets - really nice presents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little bit of pampering can do the world of good. I personally love nice smelling toiletries, essential oils etc.

    Rachel Craig

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...