Thursday 4 October 2012

Looking Forward To Half-term Duvet Days !



There's no denying it, autumn is definitely well and truly here now and all my hopes for a lovely Indian summer to make up for the wet summer have flown out of the window. I stood sheltering under someone's balcony yesterday trying to avoid an absolute downpour while waiting for the bus and I've even started cooking winter food - beef goulash and raclette have been on the menu this week and the slow cooker (or maybe the new Jamie Oliver Home-Cooker but more about that in another post) will be working overtime before too long.

We're putting the heating on for an hour in the mornings now because it's getting rather chilly but I have to admit, I can't wait for half term when we get to stay snuggled up in bed for an extra couple of hours until it's light outside and the heating has warmed up our clothes ! 

That got me thinking, if I'm looking forward to duvet days - or more precisely duvet mornings, but that just doesn't have the same ring to it ! - it must be the perfect time for splashing out on some new bedding. At the moment, we have a white duvet scattered with poppies on the bed which is great for the summer but I prefer darker colours - reds, oranges and purples - for the colder months because they just feel warmer.

I've just been browsing through the Littlewoods site actually, to see what they had in their sale (and - I must admit - I might have also got a bit sidetracked by their Christmas shop !) and I think any of these would fit the bill perfectly.




I might even have to splash out and buy myself a new pair of flannel jimjams too !! Go on, you know you want to tell me now - what have you got on your bed at the moment ?!

Disclosure : This is a sponsored - but nevertheless 100% honest - post !

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Dorma Luxury Bedding & Homewares - Fit for a Queen (literally !)
 Spundown Bedding review
We're seriously lusting after the Team GB bedding and towels


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...