Sunday 11 November 2012

Sunday weigh-in : New goals !


Last week I had a bit of a stock-take. I don't think it had anything to do with turning forty, it was more to do with reaching my one-year anniversary of listening to my SlimPod. I've lost over 11kg (coming up to 2 stone) which I think is amazing, especially as I'm not actually doing anything much to achieve this ! But my weight-loss has slowed down recently. This really hit home when I got some of my weight-loss buddies to sign up for the SlimPod study and they started off in triumph, losing several pounds in the first week. Woohoo !

So I decided to start again and see if I could speed things up for me too. I went back to basics and retraced my steps and reread my SlimPod guide, as well as my 21 days of noting down the positives and my goals. And I think I had a bit of a revelation. My goal, written in black and white, was to lose 10kg. Mission accomplished ! So just maybe, my unconscious (which is what the SlimPod is talking to) thinks I've achieved my target and it can stop now.

So I have new goals ! I've made a new SlimPod diary and I'm starting over. Only this time I believe - in fact I KNOW - that I can do it, whereas the first time around, I never dreamed it would actually work ! My ultimate goal is still to reach 66kg (but I used to see this as an unattainable dream, which is why I put losing 10kg as my target!). I've also just bought a pair of size 12 jeans as my new target jeans. They haven't arrived yet but when they do, they will be a constant visual reminder of what I'm aiming for every time I go to the wardrobe. Having started as a size 20, I find this pretty mindblowing. My first small goal was to reach a weight starting with a 7 so I'll see if I've achieved that in a moment. I always thought my start weight was 91.4kg but rereading my SlimPod journal, I discovered it was actually 91.9kg so I've actually lost a bit more than I thought ! (I've just updated my badges to reflect this !)

OK, time to hop on the scales - although I'm also now taking measurements. Aaaggghhh 81.1kg which is really annoying because it was 79.9kg earlier in the week ! It's still a very small loss though and I've also lost 1cm on my waist and 2cm on my bust (while apparently putting on 2cm on my hips - but I think I probably just held the tape tighter last week !) OK, this time next week, I will DEFINITELY be starting with a 7 ... otherwise I'll sulk ! lol


Good luck to everyone else in the weight-loss gang and, for all you SlimPodders or would-be Slimpodders, there is a weekly #SlimPodClub twitter party at @ThinkingSlimmer at 8.30pm on Tuesdays which is a great place to compare notes, get advice and share weightloss tips and success stories. :) (I had a really motivating chat about goals and buying new target jeans last week !)

START WEIGHT : 91.9kg
TARGET WEIGHT : 66kg
WEIGHT LAST WEEK  : 80.3kg
WEIGHT TODAY : 80.1kg
WEIGHT LOST SO FAR :  11.8kg
STILL TO GO : 14.1kg
CHANGE THIS WEEK : -0.2kg


Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


 MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

The fab linky that Sarah created is back again this week so you can all add your blogposts again - and the amazing thing is, you can add it to any of the blogs featuring it and you'll show up on all of them. How cool is that ?! You'll also get loads of lovely comments to cheer you on or cheer you up, depending on how your week has been ! Good luck everyone - I look forward to reading your posts.








Disclosure : I'm currently using a Thinking Slimmer SlimPod and a WeightWatchers Online subscription, in return for honest feedback. I also receive regular hampers of WeightWatchers products, and have also benefitted from a one-month Jenny Craig trial.



12 comments:

  1. Well done on the loss Cheryl, you'll be into those dream jeans in no time at all. Look how far you came in just a year, you CAN do it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, you've done brilliantly! Good luck with the new goals x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next week you WILL start with a 7 and I WILL start with a 9. We'll have to encourage each other

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an awesome time to take stock, re evaluate and move forward - I've every confidence you will smash it now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on the weight loss. I've lost 4 stone 7lbs with slimming world but its slowed down lately and i need to get this last 7lbs shifted! Will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, well done - that's fabulous ! Good luck for losing the last few pounds xxx

      Delete
  6. It must feel amazing to be buying size 12 jeans. Well done on your loss; you're doing brilliantly :)

    I'm off to bed now and I'll be listening to my slimpod while I fall asleep!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing so well - I am sure you will see a 7 next week x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an amazing weight loss overall, you should be proud. I am sure you will be fitting into those jeans in no time

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...