Sunday 25 November 2012

VELCRO® #101Uses Challenge - #6 Saving my (banana) skin !



I'm sure most mums of toddlers - or even those going through weaning with their little ones - will be all too familiar with the dilemma of what to do with half-eaten bananas. Pierre loves them and I know they're good for him so I love the fact that he wants to eat them, but all too often, after a few bites, he'll mumble "I don't want any more". My old solution used to be to eat the rest to save wasting it, but since starting my weight loss kick, I'm avoiding eating the kids' leftovers for the sake of it, so now they end up festering in the fridge going black and slimy.



Well, VELCRO® Reusable Ties to the rescue ! You can reseal (more or less) a banana skin so that it keeps for much longer in the fridge without going slimy. I hate food waste so this is great news as far as I'm concerned.

I have to admit, I'm having great fun going round the house looking for ways to use my VELCRO® products !


Disclosure : I received a hamper of VELCRO® products in order to take part in the VELCRO® #101uses challenge.




2 comments:

  1. What a great idea, very handy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent idea. My children are forever changing their minds!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...