Saturday 1 December 2012

ASDA are helping me get well soon !


The dreaded winter lurgy has hit The Madhouse. Last week, I had to take two "sick child" days off because Pierre had a fever and was sent home from school. He didn't want me to use the digital thermometer in his ear so, to show him it didn't hurt, I took mine too. He had 37.9° but I had 38.8° - oops, I thought I was feeling pretty ropey ! I've managed to unclog my nose now (mainly through a combination of spicy curry and vast quantities of Sterimar !) but I've got a really nasty cough. It's actually so bad, I'm starting to wonder if it's just babies that get whooping cough or if adults can too ! (Eek, I've just looked online and they can actually - I'll go back to the doctor's next week if it hasn't started shifting over the weekend.)

With perfect timing, ASDA got in touch to see if I'd like to try out some of their own-brand winter health products and sent me through a selection of remedies and immune-boosting products. 

The first thing I grabbed was the Dry Tickly Cough Syrup. Now, I have to say, it didn't totally stop me coughing, but the doctor had warned me that most syrups wouldn't. It did, however, soothe my sore throat and I've been having a spoonful every night and morning to try to stop coughing through the night. It costs £2 for 300ml.

The Max Strength Cold & Flu Capsules are my new best friend and have been tucked away in my school bag for taking when I start feeling like my head is about to implode at work. They do seem to help and at £1.60 for 12, they're certainly cheaper than the bigger brands.

I'm not sure if the zinc and magnesium supplements have played a role or not really because they won't have an instantaneous effect, but they certainly can't do any harm. ASDA have a wide range of vitamins on offer and explain : "Pack yourself full of Vitamin E to prevent that lurking winter flu and fill yourself with Vitamin C & Zinc to get your white blood cells fighting and battle all those nasty infections".

I was also interested to learn that ASDA Pharmacies can offer you the flu jab for £7 so if you haven't got time to go and see you doctor, that could be handy.

Fingers crossed I'll be feeling better soon and that the nasty bugs stay away from your homes this winter !

Disclosure : I received a selection of Winter Health products from ASDA in order to write an honest review.

Other blogposts you may be interested in :


Advice on helping your children sleep when they have a cold

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...