Sunday 30 December 2012

Barratts Boots review



A couple of weeks ago, Barratts got in touch to see if I'd like to review some of their boots from the kids' selection. I had a look through and saw several pairs that appealed to me, but I couldn't decide whether to buy a pair for Sophie, Juliette or Pierre. Then I noticed that the kids' sizes actually went up to bigger than my size (6) so I decided to get some for me !!

I originally opted for a pair with a wedge heel but these were out of stock. This was dealt with very swiftly. The money was refunded to my paypal account and I received an email to tell me that my order had been cancelled due to a stock or defect issue. When you place your order, there is actually an indication of which items are low on stock so you do know in advance

For my reorder, I plumped for the Leather Buckle Detail Riding Boots. They're mid-length, coming up to mid-calf, and they have a long zip so you can open them right up, making them easy to put on and pull off. I love the deep brown colour and the buckle detail. I wore them with very short trainer socks to break them in a bit, expecting them to start rubbing after a very short time, but ended up wearing them all day long with no discomfort whatsoever. The rounded toe and low, chunky heel make them really comfortable, even when traipsing around the sales for hours on end and they appear to be waterproof without any treatment whatsoever - it was raining hard but my feet stayed totally dry.

Their original price was £45 but they now have a lower £35 price tag which makes them an absolute bargain if you're buying them as an adult ! Barratts are currently holding a sale where everything is reduced up to 50% so it's a great time to go and check them out.

star rating : 5/5

RRP : currently £35

for more information : http://www.barratts.co.uk

Disclosure : I received a pair of boots of my choice in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :


Splats in action !

4 comments:

  1. I can get into children's sizes too :) but alas I have trouble with them fitting my wide calfs! Even in adults sizes making boot shopping very difficult x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these boots, I'm a size 4 and have often buy my shoes from the kids section.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish i could buy from the kids section! lovely boots, great price too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are gorgeous! They look really comfortable too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...