Wednesday 5 December 2012

Knorr Gourmet Mediterranean Salmon Foil Bag review


You may remember I reviewed Knorr Gourmet Classic Chicken Casserole packet sauce a couple of weeks ago when they sent through a selection of their new products. Well, last night, we tried out another of the recipes from the range - Mediterranean Salmon.


The instructions on the back of the pack suggest using courgettes, red pepper and cherry tomatoes. Using what I had in the fridge, I opted for courgette, red pepper, normal tomatoes and onions.


Unlike the usual bag and bake products, this one asks you to mix the herbs and spices in a bowl with a spoonful of oil, rather than directly in the bag. I used the baking dish to do this, to save on doubling up on the washing up.


The bag isn't the usual transparent plastic offering either. It's made of a sort of plasticky foil. You just need to fold the edge over a couple of times when you've filled it and it's ready for the oven.


It holds a lot actually. You put all the vegetables on one layer then place the salmon fillets on top. We had plenty of room for cooking up a meal for the whole family.


A couple of folds and it was ready for the oven. Ours needed over an hour to cook rather than the recommended 30 minutes but I did increase the quantities of fish and vegetables used.


Ta-da - one healthy dinner ! I was planning on serving it with rice but the vegetables didn't go to mush so I didn't need to add anything else. It was really nicely cooked and extremely moist. The vegetables had a lovely herby flavour, but I did think the salmon fillets could have done with a little more oomph. Usually I cover them in garlic salt, garlic pepper and lemon juice and I think that would have worked well with the Mediterranean vegetables. Alternatively, you could reserve a bit of the contents of the Knorr spice sachet to rub over the salmon fillets. That said, Sophie loved it and normally she turns her nose up at salmon !

star rating : 4/5

RRP : £1.69


Disclosure : I received a selection of Knorr Gourmet products in order to write honest reviews.

Other reviews you may be interested in :


Charity auction for Mince Pies from the UK's Best Chefs (& a recipe to try)



1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for this, I'll give it a try sometime next week!
    Salmon is one of my fave things to eat and this looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...