Wednesday 12 December 2012

Mattel Pictionary Family Edition review


When I saw the yellow box of Pictionary peeking out of our selection of games from Mattel, I was keen to see what differences I would notice between this new family version, released to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the game, and the classic original version (in a very tatty, bashed-up blue box !) that we had already. Well, the big thing that instantly jumped out at me and really appealed to me is that there are now separate cards for kids and adults. This makes it much fairer and also makes it more fun for grown-ups because it's more of a challenge.


For anyone who doesn't know the game of Pictionary, it's basically charades but you have to make the rest of your team guess the word with your drawing skills rather than acting it out. If you're rubbish at drawing, this can have hilarious results ! As can having a 7-year-old like Juliette playing who misreads certain words and draws something completely different to what's written on the card !!

I often use a homemade version of Pictionary in the classroom - I write a whole series of words on little pieces of paper that the pupils have learnt recently and they have to take it in turns coming up to the board, selecting one at random and drawing it while the rest of the class tries to guess it. It's actually been so long since I played it properly, working around the board and using the egg timer, that I'd forgotten how much fun it can be.

This is another game that is great for Christmas because players of all ages can join in and have fun, especially with the new adult/child cards. There are 123 adult cards and 83 junior cards (not sure why they have less) so it'll be a while before you've worked through them all.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £21.99




Disclosure : I received a selection of games from Mattel, in order to write honest reviews.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

Mattel UNO Roboto review




2 comments:

  1. Loved pictionary when i was younger - not played it for a long time, this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved pictionary as a kid, still to in fact, it's one of those games that reminds me of happy family afternoons. Great game.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...