Saturday 1 December 2012

VELCRO® #101Uses Challenge - #19 Instant clothes alterations


I am pretty good at sewing, even if I say so myself. But sometimes, I just can't be bothered ! Today was one of those days ! I had a load of marking and school report-filling to do and I'm still feeling grotty with my cough/cold, so when Juliette asked if I'd make a pretty dress for her Hello Kitty toy to wear, I just couldn't get motivated. Well, you've guessed it ! - VELCRO® to the rescue again, avoiding a #Mummyfail moment that would make me feel guilty!


I found a pretty pink satin skirt that was part of a princess fancy dress kit that Juliette has long grown out of. I cut two arm holes and pulled it over Hello Kitty's head. As you can see in the top photo, the elasticated top was too loose around the neck but, rather than grab my sewing basket and start threading a needle, I decided to see if stick-on VELCRO® would do the trick.


It worked perfectly and Juliette also likes the fact that it makes it easy for her to undo if (when!) she decided she wants to take it off and put something different on her. I wonder if this could be used as a way of alterating kids' clothes with zero effort too - hmmmm ... !


Disclosure : I received a hamper of VELCRO® products in order to take part in the VELCRO® #101uses challenge.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

VELCRO® #101Uses Challenge - #17 Bracelets

VELCRO® #101Uses Challenge - #16 No Eye-Deer !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...