Thursday 11 April 2013

Daxon VIP Bloggers Springtime Wardrobe Challenge


Daxon VIP Bloggers Springtime Look




I haven't had a play around on Polyvore for a while so when a reminder popped into my email inbox about Daxon's £200 Outfit Blogger Challenge, I couldn't resist heading over for a little look.

The brief was to come up with a springtime outfit from Daxon's collection of clothing with a maximum budget of £200. I selected various pieces that I liked without worrying about the cost and was extremely chuffed when it came to a total of £198 - perfect !

For me, a springtime look needs some pretty pastel colours reminsicent of the first crocus, daffodil and hyacinth blooms bravely putting in an appearance. I love the pretty lilac colour of this tunic (£15), which also has a very flattering shape that will hide a multitude of sins ! This would look great with the pale yellow trousers (which are part of the Expert Design collection, especially created to make you look good whatever your shape - £35) or the black floral print skirt (£35). I love the slightly flared, frilled hem and the fact that it has an elasticated waistband is great news for anyone (like me) who has lost a lot of weight and is no longer sure which size clothes to buy.

I'm not brave enough to bring out the sandals just yet, so these shoes (£55) are ideal for the mid-season. They're robust enough to put up with April showers but are certainly more springlike than the boots I'm wearing at the moment. They look comfortable enough for long walks with the kids in the sunshine (hopefully) and would be great for work too.

The weather being what it is at the moment, I decided to complete the look with a white jumper (£17, was £35) and a vibrant purple showerproof parka (£41, was £59) - I love the faux fur lined hood that looks totally snuggly for colder days but is detachable when the warmer weather is here to stay. Because the weather does have to pick up at some point, surely ?!

I was actually really impressed with how many items you can pick up with a £200 budget.

Disclosure : This is my entry for the Daxon VIP Bloggers £200 Outfit Giveaway.

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Little Grippers Socks review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...