Monday 25 November 2013

Cadbury Dairy Milk with Daim review


I told you yesterday, when I reviewed Dairy Milk with Oreo, that Cadbury have been spoiling me. They also sent me through a couple of bars of their brand new Dairy Milk with Daim to try out. Before sampling the goodies, I took a moment to roll my eyes at the name Daim. I always preferred it when it was called Dime, because at least that means something. I always imagined it was an American sweet (or should I say candy bar?) that cost a dime. It turns out that Daim/Dime was actually created in Sweden though, so that's just blown my cute little story out of the water. Daim still annoys me though because it means deer or suede in French, so I always think of Bambi when I want to be concentrating on that gorgeous chocolate and crunchy almond caramel combo.


The slightly irritating name change really is the only thing I can possibly find to complain about though - this bar is totally lush. When you eat the first square or two, you don't actually taste the Daim much, but once you've eaten a few squares, it really starts to come through as a stronger and stronger background taste, which really complements the creamy chocolate.

Calorie-wise, it's slightly better than the Oreo version. A three-chunk serving contains 80 calories, 8.5g of sugars and 4.5g of fat (of which 2.6g saturates). But, again, it's so delicious that it's practically impossible to stop at three chunks !

star rating : 5/5

RRP : £1.42 for 120g

Disclosure : We received the product in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...