Thursday 30 January 2014

DVD review : Last Passenger




Last Passenger was released on Blu-Ray and DVD at the start of the week (on 27th January) and we were excited to receive a preview copy.


I was immediately pleased to see that it's an action movie set in London – all the great thrillers seem to be set in America so it made a nice change. Another aspect that instantly appealed to me is that it starts with an everyday occurrence that made me feel like it could have been me in the film. After a long day at work, Lewis jumps on the last train home. He should be starting to unwind, releasing the pressure of the day, but unfortunately, his day is just about to get a lot worse.

His journey starts off fine – he hits it off with a flirty fellow passenger (played by Kara Tointon who will always be Dawn from EastEnders to me !) but it soon becomes obvious to Lewis, and the five other passengers on the train, that it has been hijacked by a sociopath intent on hurtling them all into the afterlife. He'd have been better off staying late at the office !

Just like in all the great disaster movies (such as The Towering Inferno and The Poseidon Adventure that I remember from my youth !), the bunch of strangers have to work together if they want to stay alive. The film manages to find the perfect balance of drama and emotion and it had me on the edge of my seat. For a low budget Britflick, I thought it was a great film and definitely worth watching.

star rating : 4/5

DVD/ Blu-ray details
RUN TIME: 97 mins
CERT: 15
RRP: £14.99 / £15.99
EXTRAS: TBC
CAT NO: KAL8323 / KAL8324
BARCODE: 5060192813999 / 5060192814002

ON DVD & BLU-RAY 27th JANUARY 2014

DIRECTED BY OMID NOOSHIN

STARRING DOUGRAY SCOTT, KARA TOINTON, IDDO GOLDBERG





Disclosure : We received a preview copy of the film in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

Family DVD review : The Smurfs 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...