Sunday 26 January 2014

Sunday weigh-in : Time to stop hibernating !



I got an email from the lovely Sandra at Thinking Slimmer (home of the SlimPod) yesterday which started : "Hope your New Year goals are going well. January and February are the hardest time of the year for motivating ourselves to get in shape because of the weather and the dark evenings." Well, I'm glad it's not just me ! I've lost all my get up and go at the moment and I feel like I'm running on empty. It doesn't help that I've got a stinking rotten cold with a horrible cough and the weather is atrocious so I can't get out and about with the kids as we usually would. When I get home from work, I want nothing more than to snuggle up in my new onesie in bed with the kids and watch some telly ! It's also that time of the month so I knew the scales wouldn't be my friend this week. Sure enough, I've put on 500g.


But that's ok - the most important thing is, I'm back in the game ! I've just spent half an hour on the ThinkingSlimmer website and I can already feel my subconscious waking up - I need to start feeling positive again and not just hoping to lose weight but actually KNOWING I will. I've just bought a FitPod (there was a fab Fitpod for a fiver deal in the email) so that should inspire me to get active. I'm also going to kickstart my original SlimPod - redo the full 21 days, start a new goal map and print out a new success log. I know it worked the first time so I just need to reactivate it and give my subconscious a gentle kick up the bum!

I also spotted this on the Thinking Slimmer website


A gentle jog every week can add years to your life

A Danish study has concluded that just a gentle jog once a week can increase your life expectancy by up to 6 years, reducing the risk of death by 44 per cent. Even better news perhaps is that it is gentle jogging and not extreme workouts that produce the best health results! The benefits are numerous, reports Dr. Peter Schnohr, including improved oxygen uptake, preventing obesity, lowering blood pressure as well as improved psychological function! The research which was carried out by the Copenhagen City Heart Study, on men and women aged between 20 and 93.

Well, I'm sure I can manage a gentle jog once a week, especially if Sophie comes along too and we make it into a laugh - maybe we could take the dogs with us or get the Littlies to join in. I'm sure racing each other across the car park and playing tag must count too !

Positives of the week

- The whole family have been loving the meals I've tried out from the WeightWatchers recipe book, such as Aubergine, Chickpea & Tomato Stew, so I'll be able to try out some more healthy recipes without feeling guilty !

- I joined in with a #ResolutionRescue competition on twitter, got a hilarious video that made me laugh and won a healthy cooking recipe book too ! Not sure if it's still running but you might want to go over and have a look.

- I made sure my fruit bowl was overflowing with exciting specimens like lychees, mangoes and pomegranates this week so I've been snacking on fruit rather than chocolate or biscuits

- For the first time in ages, I'm feeling positive - time to kick ass ! I even have new target jeans :)

Current targets 

Last week's target was :  Get those badges moving the right way - even 1/2kg will do. This week should be slightly quieter so I'll aim for at least one sporty walk or fitness DVD session. Listen to the Slimpod a few times to start feeling positive again. (Big fat FAIL - but it'll be the last one !)

This week's targets : Listen to the SlimPod, listen to the Fitpod and just belive - couldn't be simpler ! Oh and go for a gentle jog at least once. :)

Short-term targets : I have two new pairs of target jeans to fit into ! First up, the bright blue ones.

Longer-term targets : Get back to the 70-somethings. Get my badges back to "weight lost" being more than "left to lose"

START WEIGHT :93.7kg
TARGET WEIGHT : 67.8kg
WEIGHT LAST WEEK  : 84.0kg
WEIGHT TODAY : 84.5kg
WEIGHT LOST SO FAR :  9.2kg
STILL TO GO : 16.6kg
CHANGE THIS WEEK : +0.5kg 



Feel free to add your weightloss posts to my weekly linkie - it's great to see how everyone else has been getting on and give each other support and encouragement. You can even grab the linkie code and add it to your own blog if you like. :)









get the InLinkz code


Wobbles Wednesday

You might also like to join in with the #WobblesWednesday link-up over at AutismMumma

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


 MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods


9 comments:

  1. I change into my onesie as soon as I've picked my kids up from school, it's so relaxing and warm. I'm glad that you're starting the slimpod again, as it will really help. Good luck for next week xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne - have a lovely weekend (in your onesie !! lol xxx)

      Delete
  2. I'm another guilty of hibernating!
    January is assessment period at uni meaning lots of work to do and nowhere to go. I've practically lived in my PJ's all January but I'm raring to go too!
    Good luck for next week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure we'll feel better when the weather picks up too - motivation is the key though so positive is good. Thanks for linking up :)

      Delete
  3. Keeping positive is the key - ok, you've put on 500g but 500g is not terribly hard to lose!

    I am also one for onsies and films on the sofa so I know how you feel. Good luck for this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is tough at this time of year. Racing definately counts, get the kids involved. Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Positivity is key and you should like you have loads, thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's definitely a deciding factor and the SlimPod really helps for that

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...