Wednesday 26 February 2014

Wilkinson Sword Xtreme 3 Beauty razors review


Wilkinson Sword recently sent me through some of their Xtreme 3 Beauty razors to try out. I always end up coming back to a wet shave for my legs, due to the sheer speed and convenience, but there are a number of factors that I really don't like : it often feels scratchy when shaving and can lead to razor burn afterwards, there are frequent nicks and cuts and I always manage to miss bits. These are all common failings whichever brand of razor I use, so I wasn't really expecting the Wilkinson Sword ones to be any better.


It looks like a classic high-end women's razor but it does have a few improvements built into the design : "With 3 flexible blades on a pivoting head and 2 lubricating strips enriched with Aloe & Jojoba, this little beauty will closely follow the contours of your body, for a close, smooth shave that will leave you looking fundamentally flawless."


I was really impressed with this flexible razor head actually. As you put pressure on it, the middle bends into a curved shape which is a much better fit for following the shape of your leg. It's so obvious, I'm amazed it hasn't been done before and it really did seem to make a difference to the closeness of the shave and, above all, the lack of missed bits, when I shaved my legs.


It was also a very smooth shave with no nicks or irritation, presumably due to the jojoba and aloe lubricating strips, and I didn't feel the need to moisturise my legs as soon as I jumped out of the shower, as I usually do.

 They cost a little bit more than my usual low-end razors but I'll be seriously tempted to keep buying these because I was really impressed by the comfort and performance.

star rating : 5/5

RRP : £4.59 for 4

Disclosure : I received the product in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

Radox Moisturise review

Gerlinde Naturals Balancing & Purifying Face Cleansing Oil review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...