Sunday 23 March 2014

Sunday weigh-in : Descaling isn't just good for kettles !



This morning, when I jumped on the scales, ... oh hold on, I didn't ! As you can probably tell from the fact that it's late evening and I still haven't done today's Sunday morning weigh-in post, I haven't bothered this week. I knew I needed to change the batteries on the scales but every time I thought about doing it, I put it off. In the end, I decided that this was probably a subconscious decision to take a few weeks off weighing in. It's that time of the month so I'd be expecting, at best, a no-change this week so do I really need to put a number on it? I've been having a great day with the family today and that's all that matters ! It's good to focus on how you feel rather than the numbers on the scales sometimes.

Positives of the week

-  I did 2 endurance jogs on the wii fit at the start of the week, then got home too late on the other days to fit it in. I did top up with big long walks 3 times this week. We're loving the sunshine and getting out into the fresh air.

Current targets 

Last week's target : 4 endurance jogs on the Wii-fit plus a long walk. Listen to the FitPod and SlimPod. (Not bad on the exercise front but I haven't been listening to the Slimpod - I'll go and do it right now !)

This week's targets : Breathe ! Life gets in the way sometimes and this week and next will be manic at work so I'll not be overly worrying about food or exercise. Listen to the Slimpod and replace the batteries in the scales !

Short-term targets : I have a new pair of bright blue target jeans to fit into ! (Done but I want them to be a bit looser.)

Longer-term targets : Get back to the 70-somethings. Get my badges back to "weight lost" being more than "left to lose"

START WEIGHT :93.7kg
TARGET WEIGHT : 67.8kg
WEIGHT LAST WEEK  : 84.1kg
WEIGHT TODAY : -
WEIGHT LOST SO FAR :  9.7kg
STILL TO GO : 16.1kg
CHANGE THIS WEEK : - 



Feel free to add your weightloss posts to my weekly linkie - it's great to see how everyone else has been getting on and give each other support and encouragement. You can even grab the linkie code and add it to your own blog if you like. :)









get the InLinkz code


Wobbles Wednesday

You might also like to join in with the #WobblesWednesday link-up over at AutismMumma

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


 MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods


9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for giving the scales a miss, I agree why let a number spoil your day? Imagine this, every time you drank a glass of milk, it would put you in a bad mood and make you sick all day, would you then keep drinking a glass of that same milk every day?

    I made the mistake of stepping back on the scales a few weeks ago, and it spoilt my mood for weeks, as even though I'd lost some weight, I was then back into jumping on and as often as I could. To see if they could give me a magic number. And did they? No they just gave me a bigger number. As you've always told me, use a tape measure instead.

    Congrats on all the wii fit jogging and the long walk, those are the things that matter, not numbers. And I wish you all the luck in the world if you do jump back on the scales next week, that they give you a nice number. Because even though I think you shouldn't use the scales again, I know how hard it is to resist. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still avoiding the scales myself although I plan to keep this up for a few weeks longer, the scales ruin everything!
    The exercise you've done is fantastic and if you can build on that even better! I find exercise has such a positive effect.
    Great week!

    Sharon xx
    Beauty, Miscellany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds a great week hun

    I'm still weighing but I've started using a tape measure too. I know without weighing I'd just overeat I have no motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well done on all your exercising and positivity. There is no way I could go longer then a week to see my weight on the scales though - I like to know where I am! #wobbleswednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've avoided the scales for a while too. Time the face the music soon enough in my case! Hope that when you fire up those scales you're in for a pleasant surprise

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely think there is something to be said for not weighing yourself now and I again. I need to do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i do think you need to take a break every so often even it its just to stop the constant pressure xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done for staying positive and keeping up the exercise. A break is good sometimes especially around that time-of-the-month time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...