Wednesday 19 March 2014

MyStyle Super Loop Bands review


When we received this Design & Make Super Loop Bands kit from MyStyle Craft, Sophie and Juliette squealed with delight. I, on the other hand, immediately broke into song. Hands up if you're old enough to remember Chas & Dave ! Well, it immediately made me think of this :

Snooker loopy nuts are we
Me and him and them and me
We'll show you what we can do
With a load of balls and a snooker cue

Well, maybe for the purposes of this review, it should be :

Super loopy nuts are we
Me and him and them and me
We'll show you what we can do
With a load of bands and no need for glue.

Sorry, you'll have that on your brain all day now - trust me, I know !

Anyway, enough reminiscing about Chas & Dave and on to the review. Inside the box, you get 5 packs of 25 different coloured silicon bands, 5 S-clips and an instruction manual. The girls loved the bright, cheerful colours and I loved the fact that it is so simple, they didn't need any help from me at all ! (The 12-year-old did need to help out the 9-year-old to begin with, until she got the knack.)


Here's what the finished bracelet looks like - rather cool, don't you think? You can unpick them and start all over again if you want to change the colour scheme and the contents are sufficient for making five bracelets. Madhouse Daddy did mention that he thought it was expensive for a box of bands but he didn't see how much enjoyment the girls got out of making the bracelets or their pride at the finished articles. I did also think the box could have been smaller to save on excess packaging but it's still a lovely kit that would make a great gift for tweens and teens.

star rating : 4/5

RRP : £9.99



Disclosure : We received the product in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

Why do we bother buying toys?!

4 comments:

  1. My oldest daughter has this and loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great, my oldest would love this

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must look out for this - my daughter wants to be a fashion designer and loves creating jewellery. She'll love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice craft set. Really colourful.

    Rachel Craig

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...