Saturday 7 June 2014

A Viet-nom nom nom Kitchen Trotter box !


Well, I hope it will be nom-nom-nom anyway, even though I must admit I'm very dubious about a couple of the recipes/ingredients ! This month's Kitchen Trotter globecooking box will be introducing us to the cuisine of Vietnam. This is a country that we already discovered in a Vietnam-themed Kitchen Nomad box (before they stopped trading) so I'm already a dab hand at making spring rolls, but some of the other recipes are total unknowns - one in particular and I'm sure you can guess which one!


So, without further ado, time to unveil the box. Hmm looks interesting.


First, I pulled out two sachets, one of basil seeds (I wonder if we could grow some ?) and one of tapioca beads.


Next were a bottle of fish sauce and a tin of Hoi Sin Sauce.


Some dried black mushrooms. I wasn't keen on these last time because they stayed quite hard and rubbery but I'll give them another go.


Some rice paper discs for making spring rolls.


The one that made us all do a double take - grass jelly ?!


Onto safer ground with some Vietnamese dark chocolate.


The little extras - a dragonfly, sticker and magnet.

Now, what about the recipes?


Lemongrass chicken.


Pâtés Impériaux. (Egg Rolls.)


Mini Spring Rolls.


Grass Jelly with Basil Seeds.


Sweetcorn and Tapioca Beads.

Hmm the proof of the pudding (and grass jelly) will definitely be in the eating !

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Globe-cooking recipe : Patatas a lo pobre (poor man's potatoes)

4 comments:

  1. Grass jelly- I will be interested to see what that tastes it like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of any of those things before, they all look really interesting, especially grass jelly! I need to try that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm watch this space - I hope we don't turn as green as the jelly !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...