Monday 7 July 2014

Nivea Firming range review


If, like most women on the planet, you're worried about having to expose your wobbly bits over the summer, you might be very interested in this review ! With perfect timing, Nivea sent me through their complete Firming range to try out. There were so many different formats to choose from, I didn't know where to start !



As a large proportion of my body hasn't seen the light of day since last summer, I decided to start off with the Firming Body Moisturiser for Dry Skin in the blue bottle (as opposed to the Firming Body Lotion for Normal Skin in the white bottles on either side of the blue bottle, in the top picture). This promises to firm and intensively nourish the skin and it's quite a runny lotion. I've been using this pretty much all over my body - on my arms, legs, stomach, chest, thighs and bum - after getting out of the shower and my skin is definitely feeling nicely moisturised. The skin on my arms and legs is smoother and the sightly flaky dry skin on my legs after a winter in trousers has totally disappeared. 


I combined this with the Firming Good-bye Cellulite Serum, which promises to firm skin and reduce the appearance of cellulite within 10 days. It can also be used to massage stretch marks and contains both Q10 (like all the products in the range) and avocado oil. 


The serum comes in a pump-action bottle which is easy to use with dry hands but a bit trickier once your hands are slippy with serum ! It has a lovely honey colour and is pleasant to use, soothing and smoothing skin and soaking in quickly. It does leave a slightly damp feeling when you put your clothes on straight afterwards but you can always rub off the excess with a towel. My skin does feel softer, smoother and, I'd even go so far as to say firmer, but this could also be down to the fact that I'm regularly moisturising areas that are normally totally neglected.


There is also a Good-bye Cellulite Gel-Cream. According to the packaging, this has been proven to noticeably improve skin's firmness in 2 weeks and reduce the appearance of cellulite even without extra massage after 3 weeks. The Good-bye Cellulite products contain the skin's own coenzyme Q10 to firm and smooth the skin, L-Carnitine to support the conversion of fatty acids into energy and natural lotus extract to reduce the formation of new fat cells.


The final product in the range is the Firming Body Oil which contains Q10 and avocado oil to firm and nourish the skin, as well as being good for massaging stretch marks. It can be used on dry or wet skin after the shower.


It's pleasant enough, with a nice fragrance and light texture, but I don't like the greasy feeling after using it, especially when getting dressed straight afterwards. It is definitely a very nourishing product though. For optimum results, it should be massaged into the areas where it is most needed at least twice a day, which sounds a bit high maintenance to me ! 

I am really impressed with the whole range. The products are pleasant to use and do seem to be effective. My skin is definitely smoother, softer and less dry than before I started using them, and I think it is also slightly firmer.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : Firming Body Lotion/Moisturiser £5.10 for 250ml, Firming Good-bye Cellulite Gel-Cream £10.95 for 200ml, Firming Good-bye Cellulite Serum £11.18 for 75ml

Disclosure : I received the products in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

Baylis and Harding Great Body range review

2 comments:

  1. I love Nivea products so will have to give this a try. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use loads of Nivea products and love them all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...