Thursday 2 October 2014

Madhouse recipe : Autumnal Roast Pork


Last Sunday, I had a joint of pork to cook and decided to make a few tweaks to the usual Sunday roast. It made a nice change and has inspired me to get away from the usual roast potatoes and carrots accompanying the meat. I'll hit the farmers' market at the weekend and see what catches my eye for trying out other combinations.

Autumnal Roast Pork


ingredients :

pork joint
herbs and spices of your choice : I used Turkish meatball seasoning, oregano and garlic salt

2 sweet potatoes
3 courgettes
3 onions
5 mushrooms
3 carrots


Peel the veg and chop into large chunks.


Place the meat on top and season with the herbs and spices. Drizzle olive oil across the top of the meat and around the vegetables. Cook for 90 minutes or so until the juices run clear in the pork.


I've started multitasking when I use the oven, cooking two or three meals at once to save on energy. Here, for example, I have the roast pork and veg in the top, plus some Chinese 5 Spice marinated pork and some baked potatoes on the bottom shelf. 

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Globecooking recipe : Sfeha (Jordan)

Cooking with Quark : Gnocchi with Wilted Spinach and Tomato & Basil Sauce

1 comment:

  1. Bet that pork was yummy. I often put other dishes in the oven at the same time, makes it cheaper & they are already cooked for the next day too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...