Friday 2 January 2015

Fitness DVD review : Leslie Sansone's Belly Blasting Walk


So have you made any New Year's resolutions? Let me guess - at least some of them involve getting fit or losing weight, right? Yeah yeah, me too ! Well, help is at hand (as always !) with a slew of new fitness DVDs to choose from.

I received a copy of Leslie Sansone's Belly Blasting Walk to review, which instantly appealed to me, partly because - let's be honest - it sounds pretty easy and gentle, but also because, since using the FitBug Orb to track my steps, I've realised just how far I walk on a daily basis. (At least 10,000 steps per day and usually about 15,000 when I'm at work.)

I have to admit, I'd never heard of Leslie Sansone, which is unsurprising really as this is her first DVD to launch in the UK. She is an internationally renowned fitness instructor and creator of the groundbreaking Walk at Home Fitness programme which has been running for 25 years.

Despite the name, that lulls you into a false sense of security somewhat, the Walk At Home fitness programme burns more calories than a stroll around the park because it combines a series of multi-muscle moves, set to the rhythm of specially selected music, with the walking. Higher muscle engagement leads to higher calorie burn so the two workouts (one fast walk/jog and one on the floor) contain various movements to keep the whole body fit and healthy, while targetting the stomach with special belly-flattening and waist-slimming moves (core rotations, standing curls, ...). 

The DVD runs for 53 minutes which is broken down as 5 minutes of warm up, 24 minutes of cardio, 2 minutes of cool down (stretching), then 20 minutes of toning. It's fairly intensive and you'll work up a sweat and feel it working, which is a good thing. The workout is quite enjoyable and I didn't find myself constantly clock-watching to see how much longer I had to suffer ! I'll be using it regularly over the coming months and will give you an update on how I get on - fingers crossed !

*** Come back on the release date (Monday) and I'll have a giveaway where you can win two copies of the DVD ***

  • Number of discs: 1
  • Classification: Exempt
  • Studio: Anchor Bay Entertainment
  • DVD Release Date: 5 Jan 2015
  • Run Time: 53 minutes


Disclosure : I received a review copy of the DVD.

3 comments:

  1. Can you get this in Canada???? Hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like just what I need - let us know how you get on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good to me, as I'd like to tone belly area.

    Rachel Craig

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...