Sunday 8 March 2015

Sunday weigh-in : Grinding to a halt?


So here I am at the end of the third week on Dukan and I'll be honest, I'm having a slight wobble. This week I did everything right - I ate the right food groups on the right days, went for salad instead of a burger at McDonald's, got outside running about with the kids, had a meal replacement shake when the kids were having nuggets and pasta, .. - but the scales have refused to budge. In fact, if I'm totally honest, they're up 300g on last Sunday's weigh-in but yesterday was the same as my last weigh-in so I'll log a no-change this week because I can't be bothered (and don't want to cheese myself off even more !) by updating my figures.

In the first week, I lost 1.8kg, last week was 400g and this week nothing. But, being positive, I've been on holiday for the past two weeks, which normally results in a gain. Even if I haven't been pigging out, I have been baking lots with the kids (and did eat about half of the orange tart we made, because it kept winking at me when I looked in the fridge !) and I definitely get in less steps when I'm not at work.

So I'll cross my fingers for next week and see if it works better when I'm at work.

Positives of the week

- Whatever the scales say, I've been doing everything right and overall, I'm still on track

Current targets 

Last week's target : So near and yet so far, so I'll stick with last week's target again. Getting into the 84 point somethings would be fantastic. That third goal (getting weight lost into double figures) is tantalisingly close. Get my weight loss in pounds into the 20's (it's currently on 19) (FAILED)

This week's targets : Third time lucky ! Getting into the 84 point somethings would be fantastic. That third goal (getting weight lost into double figures) is tantalisingly close. Get my weight loss in pounds into the 20's (it's currently on 19)

Short-term targets 21kg to lose sounds a lot but breaking it down, aiming for 1kg a week, that's only about 5 months - plenty of time for heading off to Turkey in August !

first target, get my "weight to lose" badge down into the 40's (it's currently on 51lb) (done),
 second goal - get back to 85.9kg, my pre-xmas weight (done )
third goal : get my "kg lost" badge back into double figures 
fourth goal : get my "weight loss" badge higher than my "still to go" badge
fifth goal : get back into my (smallest) bright blue jeans comfortably
sixth goal : get back to 77kg - my lowest weight since my pregnancies

Longer-term targets :  Hit my target weight of 68kg. 

START WEIGHT :93.7kg
TARGET WEIGHT : 67.8kg
WEIGHT LAST WEEK  : 85.3kg 
WEIGHT TODAY : 85.3kg
WEIGHT LOST SO FAR :  8.5kg
STILL TO GO : 17.2kg
CHANGE THIS WEEK : -0kg

Feel free to add your weightloss posts to my weekly linkie - it's great to see how everyone else has been getting on and give each other support and encouragement. You can even grab the linkie code and add it to your own blog if you like. :)









get the InLinkz code



Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

 MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods


12 comments:

  1. keep at it, as you say normally on holidays you put weight on but you havent, so thats good.
    Forget last week ans start again.
    I am fortunate that my job keeps me moving, in my shifts I can do upwards of 16.000 steps pushing trolleys, more than an hour a day is hoovering with mopping on top of that, plus up and down making beds and shaking out sheets - paid to keep active really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you're right, onwards and upwards ! My steps will be right back up now I'm back at work too which will help :)

      Delete
  2. Just keep at it and see how it goes, this is why I never bother with the scales, they can undo a lot of hard work! 300g is a minor amount, and it's always harder when on holiday. Good luck for this week!

    Sharon xx
    Beauty, Miscellany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ! Fingers crossed ! xx

      Delete
    2. You will get there, it takes time, I honestly believe avoiding the scales is much more positive, it always makes me so miserable, tense and obsessive! xx

      Delete
  3. Go on how you feel. I refuse to have scales in the house for this reason. How you feel is a much better indicator. You feel you have done well and you are doing well. Thanks for joining Linked

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry hun, thought I had already commented! You are doing really well on the Dukan diet - you have maintained which in itself is hard! Hope you are having a better week and look forward to your update on Sunday! :) Thank you for linking up with #WeightLossWednesday SIm xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no worries, I think most of my original band of weight loss buddies have fallen by the wayside (weighside ?!!) so it's getting a bit lonely ! lol

      Delete
  5. Keep going you can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't be too hard on yourself. The change to your routine will probably be the cause of the scales. I'm confident you'll see a change next week if you keep at it x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...