Monday 4 January 2016

Our Despicable Minions Cupcakes !


When I saw this Minions baking kit in the supermarket, I knew it would appeal to Pierre so I tossed it in the trolley as a surprise treat.


Yesterday, he wanted to do some baking but I was in the middle of sorting out the laundry so I thought it would be the perfect time to bring out the kit because the fact that everything is premeasured makes it a real timesaver. It made me laugh when I realised that Pierre was wearing his Minions T-shirt too !


The contents of the kit are basically the same as in all kids' baking kits - a bag of cupcake mix, a bag of icing mix, six cupcake cases and some rice paper cake toppers.


Pierre is an old hand at doing these now so he just needs me for the oven. You empty the contents of the cake mix into a bowl.


Crack in an egg and add a couple of spoonfuls of water.


Give it all a good mix.


Pour into the cupcake cases.


They looked surprisingly empty - only about a fifth full - but they did rise quite a lot and make decent sized cakes in the end. Pop them in the oven for about ten minutes.


When they've cooled down, mix up the icing with a little water.


Pierre thought it was magical because it changed colour from white to bright yellow. Drizzle all over the cakes and decorate with the rice paper features.


Pierre was so proud of his creations and they must have tasted nice because by the next day, they were all gone. (Admittedly there were only six and it didn't take long for the Madhouse kids to eat two each !)

RRP : £1.99
Family Fever

1 comment:

  1. I must admit I don't really bake from a packet myself but I can totally see the appeal of everything being pre measured when you're baking with kids.
    Happy New Year and thanks so much for sharing your review on #TriedTested this week x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...