Friday 3 June 2016

#KitchenClearout May roundup and June linky


I always love seeing what's been cluttering up your kitchen cupboards and what you made with it, but I thought we were exceptionally creative this month, using up everything from half a bag of pecans and a glut of cucumbers to black pudding ! Without further ado, here's this month's round-up of eco-friendly and economical offerings :


Hoi Sin Chicken. A delicious meal made with leftover cooked spaghetti and the end of a tin of hoi sin sauce, along with some chicken breasts and veggies - who'd have thought leftovers could be so tasty ?!


Another classic fridge-dive masterpiece from Jane over at Onions and Paper - Tomato & Egg Tart. I definitely have to try this becaise it looks delicious.


Claire over at Ninja Killer Cat created these Broccoli, Sweetcorn & Feta Cheese Fritters with the contents of her fridge. I love the bright colours and they certainly pack in the 5-a-day too.


Good Old Fashioned Country Chicken - broccoli went into this dish too but it made its way into #KitchenClearout because it used up a packet of stale crackers that had been lingering in the cupboard for far too long.


Moving on to the sweet treats, I have a cupboard full of Ready Brek that nobody is eating so these Cinnamon Raisin Ready Brek Muffins were a great way of using some up. I wonder what else I can make with it - any ideas?


Proving that #KitchenClearout recipes can also be incredibly tasty, these Mini Pecan Pies were a triumph and used up the end of a bag of pecans. I might have to buy some more now though to make some more.


If you're wondering what to eat this Sunday and want a twist on the usual roast chicken, how about Galina from Chez Maximka's Whole Roasted Curry Chicken? It looks amazing and I can imagine the wonderful smells wafting around the house as it cooked.


When I ended up with two and a half cucumbers in the fridge, I knew I needed to take action ! The result was a light, refreshing Creamy Cucumber & Tomato Salad.


I wasn't the only one with a glut of cucumbers though and Alison from Dragons & Fairydust got incredibly inventive, making Braised Cucumber in Orange Sauce. Apparently they were very tasty.


I'd won some black pudding in a haggis hamper a few months ago and put it straight in the freezer because I was feeling a bit squeamish about trying it, so these Black Pudding Stuffed Potatoes were perfect for making it more palatable.


The non-black pudding version was a hit with the kids too - Mexican Stuffed Potatoes. Great for using up half a tin of red kidney beans.

That brings us to the end of another great collection for turning the leftovers and odds-and-ends into belly-fill rather than landfill, which is always a good thing! Thanks to everyone who linked up and I look forward to seeing what you come up with this month.

Fancy joining in? Have a rummage through your kitchen cupboards, spice rack, freezer or fridge and see if there's anything that needs using up then come and share your creations with us. Or if it's way past its sell-by date, throw it in the bin and come and tell us what you found ! It would be great if you could add my badge and a link to this post for anyone else who wants to get involved.










5 comments:

  1. I love the randomness of our recipes, everything is wonderfully creative. Inspiring to see what you can do with the odd bits and bobs lurking in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to see that you don't have to throw things in the bin when they're on their last legs - and there are some surprisingly good dishes that come out of it ! It always inspires me to eat the things I'm unsure of that I've received in blogger hampers too !

      Delete
  2. Its great to see such a lot of different recipes, some great inspiration for leftovers

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many delicious ways of making sure nothing goes to waste! I cringe when I see the statistics about how much food is wasted - I'm sure none of us here is contributing very much towards those figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like a personal challenge ! My husband often walks through the kitchen when I'm in the middle of cooking and asks what we're having to which I reply, quite honestly, that I haven't decided yet !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...