Tuesday 2 January 2018

What's Cooking at The Madhouse? menu plan 2018 week #1 & #2

Right, the festive food-fest is over, time to get back into some sort of routine ... well, relatively speaking anyway. After visiting both sets of parents for Christmas and New Year, we've headed for home, but on Saturday, I'm heading off to Norway for a week on a work trip, leaving the Madhouse kids and Madhouse Daddy to fend for themselves. I said I'd make them a basic menu plan, as I know what's in the freezer and the cupboard, but it will be very simple, kid-friendly food as some days, the girls will be in charge of cooking. Eeek ! For the first few days before I head off and the kids go back to school, I'll be using up what's in the fridge and freezer before we go for a big shop. But I also got a couple of new cookery books for Christmas so I'll be dipping into those too - where to begin ?!

Tuesday 

 lunch - pigs in blankets, Yorkshire puds, a bag of frozen veg, roast potatoes and gravy (so basically, Christmas dinner without the turkey - hee hee hee !)

dinner cottage pie (one end with root veg mash (for me !) but one end with normal mash so the kids don't complain - it'll still have a bag of mixed veg in the meat part though, so they won't get away with no veggies !!)

Wednesday 

lunch - chicken & veg stir fry with rice or noodles

dinner - cockaleekie soup for the grown-ups, leftover cottage pie for the kids

Thursday 

 lunch - loco moco (which is a Hawaiian dish of burger and egg on rice)

dinner - sausage and bean casserole

Friday  

 lunch - pasta bake

 dinner - American style goulash

Saturday

lunch - Time for the traditional Burger King visit no doubt, once they've dropped me off at the station

dinner - leftovers (goulash and/or pasta bake - I'll make plenty on purpose)

Sunday

lunch - I'm guessing Madhouse Daddy will sort out a roast

dinner - fridge grazing, if anyone's hungry - or there are some cans of soup

Monday 

dinner - leftovers from yesterday's roast

Tuesday 

dinner - potato waffles, spam and beans

Wednesday 

lunch - chicken cordon bleu & a pouch of microwavable rice

dinner - spaghetti carbonara

Thursday 

dinner - pizza

Friday  

 dinner - meatballs and spaghetti

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Join in with the weekly meal plan bloghop !





3 comments:

  1. Great meal plan! I love the sound of the Loco moco! That is something my girls would love. Have a good trip x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I hope the girls enjoy doing some cooking.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...