Sunday 2 December 2012

VELCRO® #101Uses Challenge - #20 Hanging picture frames


I have to admit, when I first started using VELCRO® around the house for the #101Uses challenge, I wasn't expecting it to stand up to much. One of the first uses I blogged about was putting up posters and even then, as it was a thick cardboard sheet that Pierre had brought home from school, I wasn't sure how long it would stay up for. Well, having seen that it's been there all week and hasn't budged, despite Pierre pulling it off his door and bringing it downstairs to proudly show anyone who's been to the house, then going back upstairs and putting it back in place, I thought I'd take it a step further and see if it would stand up to the challenge of something heavier.

I took a bit of a leap of faith and tried using some of the heavy-duty VELCRO® on a relatively weighty framed print. So far - fingers crossed - it's stayed put. It does say it can hold 15kg so it should be OK, despite having the extra weight of a length of tinsel draped across the top now !


Disclosure : I received a hamper of VELCRO® products in order to take part in the VELCRO® #101uses challenge.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

VELCRO® #101Uses Challenge - #19 Instant clothes alterations

VELCRO® #101Uses Challenge - #17 Bracelets

4 comments:

  1. I would not have thought Velcro could be that strong! I never would have thought about using it to hang a picture in the first place!

    Naomi xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Careful though, this is special Heavy Duty Velcro designed to support weight up to 15kg !

      Delete
  2. oooh never knew you could get this

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're brave !!!

    jellybean1972

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...